In response to improper disposal of consumer information, the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act [FACTA] has been made law.
- Applies to every person and business in the United States
- Requires the destruction of all consumer information
Additionally, healthcare records are protected under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act [HIPAA].
- Requires destruction of all health information that identifies individuals
- Prevents abuse and unauthorized access to personal health information
- Enforced by the US Office of Civil Rights
- Imposes severe penalties to violators
Metro Record Storage and Shredding Environmental Recycling Activity Report:
From January 1st 2017 to December 31st 2017 we conserved:
- 25,525 Trees
- 570,553 Gallons of Oil
- 10,510,192 Gallons of Water
- 7,206,989 Kilowatt Hours of Energy
- 150,146 Cubic Yards of Landfill Space